Sunday 5 July 2009

July brings joy!

After several months of being incapacitated and unable to exercise I am now officially allowed back to work and I start on Monday 6th July.
It has been a hard slog, I never for one minute believed I would be away from a job a really enjoy. I have fought hard to be able to get back and though the pain in the neck is still there it is manageable and I feel I can return to work. The irony of it is that the good weather is now here and I will not be able to enjoy it. The strange thing is that I have never been able to "enjoy" my incapacity as I have not been able move without pain etc.
I must admit that I am rather apprehensive about returning to work as I know things have changed but as I have not been involved, I do not know the new arrangements so it will be a steep learning curve to get back to work. By the same token I feel I must behave responsibly and take my time, if I do not feel well I need to come home. I also need to make sure I stick to an agreed phased return with my manager. I am sure it will be fascinating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I would respect comments to be positive so that time is not wasted deleting offensive or inappropriate postings