Sunday 1 November 2009

Forget me not

See I have found my way back here it's just not as often as I would like.
So what has happened since the last time I blogged well quite a bit. I have just returned from Southampton visiting Louise it was a family affair with Jade along as well, she is like family anyway. We met the boyfriend Louis seems a nice guy quite a good sense of humour and all that. Bodil and I had a look around the area we found Winchester
which is very quaint. The Cathedral is lovely and the town is vibrant but Olde Worlde if you know what I mean.
We then made our way to Portsmouth hoping to get to the Spinnaker Tower however the traffic was just mad the amount of people around was phenomenal. We spent the time it took for 4 changes of traffic lights sequence where no-one moved and eventually gave up the explorer spirit and headed away from the malestrom which was Portsmouth. We ended up going to Port Solent and then out towards Fareham and then stopped for something to eat at about 15.00! Crazy!
Anyway we enjoyed our time there and eventually left the girls and we trundled up the country.It was amazing after the journey down which was full of traffic jams and road works we managed to hit Leicester Forest Motorway services in about 2 hours fantastic! We then worked our way to our frinds Geoff and Les who live in Wakefield. We were going to stop for tea but time was getting on so we hit the road after about an hour and a half catching up and we eventually arrived home at about 18.00 tired but happy after a great time away. Bodil started work on Thursday whilst I did work on my MA Dissertation and I can tell you that I have written 536 words out of a requested 15,000 but as they say every little helps :)
We spent Halloween round at our friends Gerry and Karen with their children and I must admit Karen always does make a great occasion out of the festivities we had Pumpkin soup, Baked Potatoes and Chili Con Carne with a Pasta bake for us veggies with cheese and biscuits to follow Oh and a couple of GnT's followed by Red Wine dutifully adhered to by Gerry the perfect Mien Host So the end of the holiday and now to look forward to Christmas. I have to have a root Injection on later in the month so hopefully that will sort my neck problems out and I can get on with returning to full fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I would respect comments to be positive so that time is not wasted deleting offensive or inappropriate postings