Sunday 23 September 2007

Illness and how to guard against it

This week has seen illness hit the household, apart from she who will be obeyed. I have started again with a rasping cough almost bronchial, the eldest has had time off college as she got gastroenteritis? The youngest, managed to faint twice once on Thursday at cadets and again today just before marching in the Battle of Britain remembrance event. She has stayed in bed all afternoon. I think you can't beat a bit of sleep when your ill, tends to solve lots of aches and pains but then if you stay in bed too long you end up getting weak and bed sores appear and you end up worse than when you started. Just goes to show, moderation in all things and you will come to no harm.
Christmas reared its ugly head yesterday when I was asked if I had sorted anything out for the meal. We usually do this each year ending up at a hotel swanky do drinking too much wine and having too much to eat. I didn't realise that I had not done anything about so I had better get emailing and ask if anyone wants to do anything. I think this year it would be just worthwhile having a nice meal somewhere and just catching up on the news. We all rush around all year tending to the offspring that we seldom have time for ourselves, this event for me is a time when we can talk about the things that have happened to us since the same time last year.
OK I've talked myself into getting something organised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I would respect comments to be positive so that time is not wasted deleting offensive or inappropriate postings