Friday 20 February 2009

Post Op Info

I rang the hospital and spoke with a nurse who told me that with the level of surgery I had undergone, the result would be more pain as the doctor had moved things and disturbed tissue etc. I should have more pain for about 4 weeks and then after 6 to 8 weeks I should see signs of recovery. The feeling in my throat of swallowing a golf ball was normal and would go. The nerve pains in my arms would also subside I just had to be patient :) So I can probably expect to be wind surfing maybe late in the season I expect by then that global warming will have cancelled out the wind for the rest of the year :( There is a great video of the operation I underwent on http://www.or-live.com/PinnacleHealth/2547/ it is really fascinating to see this (not for the squeamish mind)
I will be able to get back to work in the Summer term I think which is really good as we have a conference which I do not want to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I would respect comments to be positive so that time is not wasted deleting offensive or inappropriate postings