Saturday 28 February 2009

Start of 4 week post op and ELEPHANTS!

Today is the start of the 4th week after my operation and I can feel a difference. However I am getting really bad pains across my shoulders. I would like to say that I was pain free but I am not. It puts it into perspective though when you see the bravery on the television news of a child who was scalded and had 27% damage now looking forward to having another skin operation to clear up the rest of her forehead in preparation for going to secondary school makes me feel like a fraud. The youngest daughter had a couple of turns this week which is worrying but one doctor has discharged her in favour of the Pediatric Consultant so I suppose that is a good thing we have now just to wait for the EEG results in a couple of weeks.

Elephants back in the Circus!

I posted a Twitter about Elephants in a circus. What is Nottinghamshire Local Authority thinking about? I thought we had stopped all that. I don't like and never did like the circus in the first place. I have been once as a child and hated it I could appreciate the tumblers and the clowns, I looked in awe at the high wire acts although I remember getting frustrated as they bowed and curtsied in between stunts all the time. It seemed to take ages for them to get on to the next thing. I suspect this was all part of their getting ready but it has stuck with me. However I was never taken with the animals. I felt sorry for the chimps having to behave like us and perform on command. I did not the the point and still do not see the point of a man "taming a lion" a lion is wild for goodness sake it is not a pet (tell that to some Hollywood types) and as for the Elephants I just looked in their eyes and saw what I thought was shear boredom and cynicism. I thought what a shame, then I looked and thought why do they put up with it they are far bigger and stronger than a person with a red coat or swimsuit with a whip yet they let themselves be humiliated by them. I suspected they were traumatised and had been "brainwashed" into doing these things for the sport of the human onlookers (the sophisticated set). What level of depravity do we stoop if we go and pay to watch this. I would rather stay at home and watch elephants in their own environment in the wild on television than pay to go and see them being humiliated in this way, and we are the "intelligent" species.
Take a look at the things we "intelligent" people do to elephants
Click here to see how we make them do things
Nottingham should be ashamed Click here
I saw a quote saying that the "British people" wanted to see this type of thing. Well I am sure in days gone by there was nothing better than a good public hanging that the great British people wanted to see, I don't see many towns holding this event of late.
Animals are part of the whole eco system of the world not the slaves of those who choose to master them STOP IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I would respect comments to be positive so that time is not wasted deleting offensive or inappropriate postings