Saturday 2 August 2008

Booking Ferry and Hotel


Well I thought I had better book a ferry to Denmark, then I saw the prices from Newcastle and thought I would have trouble getting a bank loan to pay for the trip the same for travelling from Hull. I am right, we are an island nation, what a business providing ferry services from the provinces. Anyway I'm not going on a rant as I decided to look at Dover and to my surprise I managed to get a good deal.I also got a night stay in Dunkerque as well so we travel on the 5th from Dover and spend the night in a hotel there before travelling to Hamburg. Now I was undecided about Hamburg but I was talking to someone on Skype from Germany and they said it was a great place so we will soon find out. We stay there on the night of the 6th then set off to sunny Denmark arriving I think sometime in the afternoon. I have been getting all my documents sorted, passport, what a great service at Durham, helpful, easy and on time expensive mind for the fast track but then what do we expect. I phoned and got medical insurance and now I am busy getting all the other bits I need for driving on the continent like a high visibility jacket, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, spare bulbs, and not forgetting the red triangle, reminds me of early channel 4 :-) Oh! and the car washed, cleaned and filled with appropriate liquids in all the right places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I would respect comments to be positive so that time is not wasted deleting offensive or inappropriate postings