Sunday 1 March 2009

Recovery, Pain management and Weight gain

Woke up this morning after having had a great time at a friends house to see the England - Ireland rugby game ( less said the better)! Good company few drinks and little pain. The last time I had been to the house I lasted just over an hour before getting a taxi home because of the pain.
The conversation was good the company was good the laughs were excellent.
Now comes the downer, I had to resort to the dodgy pain killers which literally mess with my head but they do ease the pain. What could have caused it I don't know, had I slept in a strange position, the pain in the arms was back the numbness in the hands was back the pain across the shoulders was back! Just goes to show you can't take anything for granted. I have managed to float through the morning now with minimum pain but a feeling of strangeness which I don't like.
My local football team Newcastle upon Tyne have been beaten and I chose today to seriously cut down on my food intake so all in all not a good day.
I now weigh 95 kilos which has increased of late from 90 Kilos and I have decided to do something about it. I must admit I do put this rise down to my inactivity due to my slipped disc operation although I do tend to go for a walk each day. As a vegetarian I think I eat a minimal amount of fat. I have bran or porridge for breakfast with semi skimmed milk. I would eat cheese on toast for lunch or a boiled or fried egg. For dinner it will be some sort of pasta with a vegetarian sauce or veggie sausage and oven chips. Through the week I would have one night fried potatoes and mackeral or tomato soup. So I don't think I am gorging myself into oblivion but the fact remains I have put on weight and I know I have so I am now resigned to eating no bread but to have rye bread instead and to eat dried fruit if I need a snack and eat crumpets so I should cut the weight gain as long as I watch what I put on them :) My BMI has just shocked me as I scored 29.3 which means I am officially overweight so the new regime I am considering is worthwhile I am going to do this using Information Communication Technology (ICT) to chart my process so it will give me something to aim for and allow me to increase my ICT skills. That's what they call a "wake up call"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I would respect comments to be positive so that time is not wasted deleting offensive or inappropriate postings