Saturday 17 January 2009

Operation Cancelled

Well it happened again, I am getting used to the format of waiting in the ward now, nil by mouth from 19.30 night before, no drink from 12.00, sign in, sit down read a book swab for MRSA, blood pressure, go through the questions from the nurse, go through the questions from the Doctor then wait ..... The the sister appears with that look o her face and says "you are not going to like me..." Yep the operation is cancelled. Now I am not reeling with anger, how can you be, someone with a more urgent need than yourself has taken preference and after all I can walk out the hospital but by the same token I am in pain, I can't do the things I want to do, I am unable to do my job which is really getting me down but what happens next. Well things do get worse, my consultant retires at he end of the month now again I am not blaming him for that goodness knows the man has already come back out of retirement once and after a long career he deserves to put his feet up or what ever a successful neuro surgeon does in retirement so good luck to him but it still leave me with a problem of how to get my neck done. I am not complaining per se I just wish someone had thought about this before hand and had put a contingency plan in place. It may be I have to go back to visit another consultant and then go through the whole last six months again. Grrrrrrrrr! but then there is no one really to blame it is just so annoying, a friend has suggested filling out a form e112 to get the op done in Europe?Now if it was a broken leg or something like that I would have no reservations but the Hospital I am under is a leader in Neurosciences and that sort of makes me feel comfortable and they have an expertise which others may not have so whats a boy to do then. Well I guess talk to the administrators on Monday and try my best to get the first available date for he operation. Stop feeling so sorry for myself, and get on as best I can with things. Gosh that was a good rant I fell a little better now and I hope those who under went emergency surgery yesterday are OK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I would respect comments to be positive so that time is not wasted deleting offensive or inappropriate postings