Saturday 24 January 2009

Waiting! waiting! waiting!

Now I am waiting to se if another consultant will take me on, if so I could be in earlier than the 19th but if I am taken on by someone else then I will not be going in on the 19th. The world of hospital bookings is a nightmare. I have to wait now until next week when someone elses secretary will ring me. If I have not heard by Tuesday I will ring and find out what is going on. I have decided to defer my MA course for a year until this time next year as I really can't concentrate at all I tried my best but with a potential op in the middle of a data practical it just wasn't to be. Anyway I will still do research and write chapters for my disseration which I will now hand in 1 st September 2010.
Had a couple of pints with Gerry last evening, was good to go out but was really glad to come home my neck was not very good and is still aching, wish I could zoom up the list and get it done. I managed not to read last weeks Sunday Times which is crazy since I have nothing else to do, must have been a hard week so I got stuck in today and have just got the tabloid bits to read I am sure I'll get through it tomorrow before the latest one appears. I am willing Burnley on to beat or at least draw with WBA in the FA cup at the moment they are losing 2-1 I wish they would win I ws so proud of them on Wednesday against Spurs, they should have won but then that's football as they say a game of two halves and all that.

Now we want to install a wood burning stove great I hear you say but what a carry on we recived a first quote form a company and they were going to charge £860.00 to fit itwell I thought this was a lot of money especially when we were quoted £700.00 for the stove.

Well I went on the Web and found a great little stove, wood and coal just what we wanted for £400.00 but you know what we live in a smokelees zone so that was no good we need the £1000.00+ stoves to comply for goodness sake the whole thing os going to coast about £2000.00 I just hope it is justified in this climate (joke!)

So I found another firm who tells me that the lining will have to come out and that he knows a person who can do the hearth and I'm thinking kerching kerching again. I have emailed the stove spec so he can quote a price for fitting it then I suppose we will have to get someone in to create the hearth when will this ever end, I would be happy if the whole thing just got filled in or plastered over but then it would make it a feature of the room. Anyway watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I would respect comments to be positive so that time is not wasted deleting offensive or inappropriate postings