Wednesday 22 April 2009

Consultants News

Well what a hectic day MRI scan in the morning and then back for the Doctors report in the afternoon. Good thing is that he said I can begin exercise again swimming, bicycle rides and driving as long as it doesn't hurt. That will be the day! Anyway I got the green light. I then told him about the aftercare ( or lack of it ) and he said he had produced something that was going through committee stage at the moment so watch this space! 

I am not planning to go back to hospital to see if it has been implemented! Anyway just got side tracked sorting twitter stuff and "Twanalyse" links. So the top and bottom of it is that I have to go for a CT Scan
He reckons (the consultant ) that some people develop further symptoms by virtue of the fact that they are our into certain positions in surgery which irritate the other vertebras and when he looked at my MRI scan he said there were vertebras 4,5,6 which could have damage done to them. So he said he would order a CT scan now I was thinking Oh! no! not to wait another 17 weeks for that but he just gave me a card and I went to the appointments desk and she said for me to sit down and she would come with the diary. So I sat down thinking yeah! 3 months next Wednesday. SHe came and said she apologised for not being able to get me in this week but would next Wednesday do. Well I nearly bit her hand off (metaphorically speaking of course). So Next Wednesday 12.15 be there or be square as they say.  After that I can negotiate a phased return to work. Normality here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I would respect comments to be positive so that time is not wasted deleting offensive or inappropriate postings