Saturday 4 April 2009

Lounging in the sun. I wish!

What a great start to April this year sunny days but cold winds but no rain but then today the weather changed and here we are waiting for the rain to come. What is it about the English that makes them so hung up about the weather. I suppose it is a conversation opener but then so is " where did you get that jacket is looks really good on you".

So the g20 circus is over and the country can get back to doing what it was doing before and wait for the promises to not appear or appear in a diluted form. Is this the cynic in me coming out. Well I don't agree with the way the RBS has handled themselves and I really don't agree with former CEO getting extortionate amounts of pension money but by the same token I do not go and smash the RBS windows and enter the bank and basically commit a looting offence. I wish someone would tell me where it says a human being can be so angry and upset with what an institution has done that it is acceptable for them to resort to that level of destruction. I bet there is no one that can. It is just mindless destruction in the name of something else. Did the people who did these acts get arrested I think not! I take that back, in the interests of making sure what I say is correct I have searched the news sites and yes they were arrested or at least some of them were. But yet again the reason for the fact they put windows in at the bank was that one "came from an unconventional background, having left school at 13 and living an itinerant lifestyle at a series of protest sites, including a long-established roads demonstration in Edinburgh." Guardian, so that's OK then! And talking of the Guardian and the question Nick Robinson asked of the USA President, yes I agree he did stumble over his words his speech writers were unable to come to his aid and not only on that occasion. As watched throughout the sessions he answered questions off the cuff and as you or I may well do paused for thought and errred and ummed but at least he was approachable he has a good style whether this does translate into an active determined style to change the world we will have to see, I am not a following type of person but he does walk the walk, I'm just not too sure we walks the walk he maybe toddles the toddle at the moment.
The big event of the week has gone and the second big event of the week is happening today. No now the Burnley Darby game although that is important, but the Newcastle United soap opera. Gosh you couldn't script this saga any better what a boost to the town (toon) what a media frenzy, what a talking point. Just wait until Saturday evening and then see what is being talked about. I hope that they stay up I hope Alan makes a name for himself I hope that Burnley meet them either in the Championship or in the Premiership. Nuff said! Wait for the next exciting installment of the United story!
And just on a final note if there was any doubt now about my decision to reject religion it has been bolstered by the shocking video of a 17 year old girl being publicly flogged by the Taliban. What an disgrace that these people hide behind religious tradition to justify their actions. I could put a like to the video on here but as a mark of respect to the poor girl I will not. Searching the net will find it. And we wonder why the world is in such a mess. I will be impossible to change peoples opinion because they carry out their actions on behalf of a spiritual presence what a load of bullshit! They carry out these acts because they like it and they want to show people they are in control. Abhorrent is too short a word! Now the sun comes out I want it to rain to sympathise with my anger. There's never an RBS bank to hand when you need one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I would respect comments to be positive so that time is not wasted deleting offensive or inappropriate postings