Saturday 14 March 2009

6th Week Post Op

Well this is the start of the sixth week after my neck operation. I am sure that the recovery is underway but I am still getting lots of pain and I have not yet got full mobility in my arms which is worrying. After talking to friends I rang the hospital to talk over what my options were vis a vis doing any exercises so that I am able to return to work. I rang on Thursday, the nurse did not ring back I rang on Friday and the Nurse has not rung back so I am now having to wait until Monday to get something back from them. All I want to know is: Is the pain I am feeling normal? Is it normal to be dizzy so long after the operation? What can I do to stop gaining weight in terms of exercise? It is this latter point that is getting me as I want to be windsurfing again and feel frustrated. I really want to be back to work as soon as I can but I do not want to do anything that will jeopardise my getting back to work. I will just have to grin and bear it I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I would respect comments to be positive so that time is not wasted deleting offensive or inappropriate postings