Monday 16 March 2009

Absence makes the heart grow...............

Strange title you might think but Maria my youngest daughter (16) has just got scan results back from an EEG which hint at a problem in the left temporal lobe which may be causing her to have seizures. Now she has been having incidents for coming up to 3 years but this was put down to panic attacks this is week three and she has had 5 so far the last one was totally different from the rest as she began screaming at the top of her voice and holding her head even biting one of her friends. Although I wasn't there, I heard her screaming as her friend telephoned to say she had phoned for an ambulance. If it is confirmed as epilepsy then we will have to live with that and cope accordingly. This year is an important year for her but we have stressed that exams can be taken at anytime, health is far more important. I also finally talked to the Practice Nurse regarding my neck and she basically said under no condition lift anything or do any exercise other than walking until I have my appointment at the end of April. This has somewhat scuppered my idea of getting back to work sooner than expected. To be honest it has shocked me a bit as I suppose I have just thought of the operation as something to be done and then get on with things the way they were, it seems that is not the case. So I will do what I am told and only walk for exercise and keep taking the tablets until told otherwise. Cervical Discectomy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I would respect comments to be positive so that time is not wasted deleting offensive or inappropriate postings